Monday, March 5, 2012

Egg and Nut Free Chocolate Cranberry Granola

My toddler is definitely a grazer. He goes from snack to snack and (sometimes) will eat a full meal here and there. He knows where the snacks are and likes to put his hands on the cupboard and scream until I come get him something to eat. Usually his snack is just fruit, yogurt, or one of these tasty treats from the blog :) This recipe is a spin on the granola recipe I posted a couple months ago. C and my husband are my taste testers for the recipes I post, and while C was eating the granola today he kept nodding his head up and down saying "mmmmmm! mmmmm!" So, I knew I should definitely post it...here you are! 


Egg and Nut Free Chocolate Cranberry Granola 
4 cups oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter), melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup

Preheat oven to 325. Combine 1st 5 ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix together until fully coated. Place granola mixture in a greased 13x9 inch glass baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 40 minutes and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into bars*. Store in a tupperware container. 



*This version of the recipe didn't hold together as well, possibly because of the cocoa powder. I ended up crumbling most of it and it still tastes great by the handful or on top of yogurt :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment