Friday, February 10, 2012

Egg-Free Lasagna Skillet

I need to apologize. I totally forgot to take a picture of this meal I am about to share with you. It slipped my mind, but I still wanted to post the recipe because it is a great quick and easy meal that is safe for egg allergies. Typically lasagna is in the danger zone for those with egg allergies, but there is no need for egg in this skillet recipe. The other thing to watch out for is often times lasagna noodles will either be made with egg or have that fun little label (that I am starting to despise) "made on shared equipment with egg".  With this recipe you can choose any noodle you want, usually whole wheat noodles are safe with no egg. My husband's been out of town for part of the week, so this meal has kept me and the little one going for a couple days with no need to cook a new meal. We've missed him, but not having to cook too much has been nice :)

Egg Free Lasagna Skillet
1 lb. ground beef
28 oz jar spaghetti sauce (a garlic-basil marina tastes great)
5 cups cooked noodles
1 cup cottage cheese (we use the regular, not low fat)
8-oz pkg of shredded mozzarella cheese (or cut up chunks of mozz cheese)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp. dry minced onion
Italian seasonings to taste

Brown beef and drain. Stir in sauce, garlic powder, dry minced onion and desired seasonings and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and noodles and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Yes, it is that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment