Monday, September 12, 2011

The Perfect Trio

In my opinion, the best food trio out there is garlic, tomatoes and fresh basil. That's all you need to flavor this chicken recipe and it is ohhhhh so good (you won't even miss the mozzarella cheese). Today I made this dish with fresh rosemary instead of fresh basil because that was what I had on hand (but I think the basil is better). Usually I throw this together while C is taking his afternoon nap....except for today...because there was no afternoon nap :P However, he entertained himself by pulling everything out of our pantry cabinet and rolling it around the floor. As long as it keeps him busy long enough for me to make dinner it's fine with me :) The prep for this dish is about 15 minutes -- so easy!

Within the past week, I've been giving C some whole milk here and there and today he tried some cottage cheese and we haven't seen any big reaction so it looks like he outgrew his milk allergy! As much as I want to jump right in to tons of cheese, smoothies and ice cream, I'm trying to take it slow to introduce dairy back into my and C's diet.  So my recipes will be including some dairy here and there in the future. The egg, nuts and seed restriction still apply, but I didn't mind about those as much as I did about the dairy. Such a relief!

Baked Chicken
4-5 chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
4 garlic cloves
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
4-5 Baking potatoes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken thighs in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Peel and cut up potatoes and place in dish with chicken. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and mash the garlic down with the back of a knife and throw those in on top of the chicken and potatoes. Drizzle olive oil over the dish and stir ingredients to coat. Season with fresh basil. Cover dish with foil and cook at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment