Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Doughnut Holes

It's been crazy windy/rainy here so C and I have not gone out since Monday morning. C has been entertaining himself sorting buttons by color and watching Thomas the Tank Engine. I finally was able to set some time aside to bake since I haven't really been able to update my allergy friendly recipes in a while. As these little treats were cooling on the counter, C spotted them and grabbed one off the counter. He looked at me and said "Oh, wow!" as if I had no idea they were there! I love being able to make my own allergy friendly treats so I don't have to worry about whether or not what we have is safe for him. These delicious little doughnuts would be perfect for Thanksgiving breakfast!

Pumpkin Doughnut Holes
 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. all spice
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup natural maple syrup (such as organic grade B)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk. Combine wet ingredients in a glass measuring cup (make sure to melt the coconut oil first and let it cool before combining it with a cold liquid or else it will solidify). Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just mixed (don't over mix). Pour batter into a greased mini muffin pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Makes 24 small doughnut holes.



This post will be linked up on the Allergy Free Wednesdays blog hop. http://wholenewmom.com/traditional-tuesday/vegan-pumpkin-cheesecake-chocolate-mousse-cake-grain-fee-chicken-pot-pie-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wholenewmomfeed+%28Whole+New+Mom%29

No comments:

Post a Comment